Author Topic: New Beta  (Read 8772 times)

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: New Beta
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 04:24:23 pm »
I'm looking for the toolbar to save and change my workspaces, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I'm quite often changing from 2 monitors to 1 monitor, and I have saved workspaces to fit those configurations, so I really use that toolbar quite often.

Does anyone know how I can enable that toolbar? (it used to be a little bit hidden in v12.1 as well)

Geert

Aaron B

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 11:28:35 am »
Hi Geert,
I don't think the old toolbar exists anymore in EA 13 (at least not that I have seen), but you can access the Workspaces and Commands dialog under the Perspectives button on the Start ribbon tab (Start > Workspace > Perspectives).

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »
That's too bad. Should I send in a bug report to get the toolbar back?

Geert

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 02:11:30 pm »
No....  Select the Start ribbon, Workspace panel and Preferences > Customize option to display the 'Customize' dialog, then select the 'Toolbars' tab and - at the end of the list - select the 'Workspace Layouts' checkbox. The toolbar should then display in the Toolbar.... um.... bar underneath the ribbons.

However, you still end up working on the 'Workspaces and Commands' dialog that you access using the route Aaron described. You can also get to that dialog in two other ways:

1)  If you click on the Show > Window icon at the left hand end of a Ribbon, a menu displays. The first option on that is 'Apply Workspace Layout', which gives you the 'Workspaces and Commands' dialog.

2) Once you have a Toolbar bar (and sung a Beachboys' song or two) you can right-click on it and select either the 'Perspectives' option or the 'Save Workspace Layout as' option.

You want more? Ok - I'll sing THREE Beachboys' songs...

EDIT - you can display the menu from the Toolbar bar by right-clicking on the toolbar of any window that has a toolbar, or so I am told. It works from the new Project Browser toolbar button anyway.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:28:20 pm by RoyC »
Best Regards, Roy

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Emoji's make you look younger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 02:14:20 pm »
Had a crash on my Apple Mac using Wine but other than than not bad.
Hey, we haven't been able to reproduce a crash on mac so far.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please provide to support your OS and Wine versions along with what you were trying to do?

Was planning on doing so but got distracted and forgot - Thanks for the reminder. Will send you guys as much info as I can on it once I get back on my Apple Mac.

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 07:45:53 am »
No....  Select the Start ribbon, Workspace panel and Preferences > Customize option to display the 'Customize' dialog, then select the 'Toolbars' tab and - at the end of the list - select the 'Workspace Layouts' checkbox. The toolbar should then display in the Toolbar.... um.... bar underneath the ribbons.

Or be floating off somewhere on your other monitor :-)

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 02:09:39 pm »

However, you still end up working on the 'Workspaces and Commands' dialog that you access using the route Aaron described. You can also get to that dialog in two other ways:

1)  If you click on the Show > Window icon at the left hand end of a Ribbon, a menu displays. The first option on that is 'Apply Workspace Layout', which gives you the 'Workspaces and Commands' dialog.

2) Once you have a Toolbar bar (and sung a Beachboys' song or two) you can right-click on it and select either the 'Perspectives' option or the 'Save Workspace Layout as' option.

You want more? Ok - I'll sing THREE Beachboys' songs...

EDIT - you can display the menu from the Toolbar bar by right-clicking on the toolbar of any window that has a toolbar, or so I am told. It works from the new Project Browser toolbar button anyway.

Thanks Roy,

Found it :)

Geert

jepessen

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 07:13:21 am »
I love ribbons! 8) 8) 8)

The problem with them is that when people are used to using a technology, it's difficult to change, even if the new technology is far better. See menu vs ribbons, MP3 vs many other better audio codecs, Windows Start menu vs tiles and so on...

Please people try to use ribbons for a couple of week before discard them... Advantages are great and the effort to be used to this technology is little compared to the advantages...

Pegasus

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 05:00:31 pm »
The discussion about the new version refers only to the UI. I find it more interesting to know if i can edit a modell build with Version 12.1 in parallel with this new Major beta 13 without running into problem e.g. incompatibiliites ....

Pegasus

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 05:18:02 pm »
Without having tested this: you will be save (in 99.99% of all cases). Sparx is veeery conservative when it comes to model changes. Of course, since this is a beta, you should not use it with your production since it might have other simple bugs that could cause harm (though even that is quite unlikely).

q.

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 02:16:00 pm »

Would it be possible to have the project browser action icons back?. E.g. find in project browser, new folder, new artefact, new diagram, etc?
(1302)
Orthogonality rules
Using EA14.0 (1422) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »
This is my least problem with V13 but fits in perfectly with the Great Menu Annoyance.

q.

vldmrrr

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
Now, please describe me how it is more useful than menu while looking at my screenshot of ribbon in EA window snapped to the side of monitor (a most useful feature of the windows since windows 7). I just love columns of icons all the same - you have to click those to learn what they do. Yup, that is a new age of usability.

I love ribbons! 8) 8) 8)

The problem with them is that when people are used to using a technology, it's difficult to change, even if the new technology is far better. See menu vs ribbons, MP3 vs many other better audio codecs, Windows Start menu vs tiles and so on...

Please people try to use ribbons for a couple of week before discard them... Advantages are great and the effort to be used to this technology is little compared to the advantages...

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 01:18:59 am »
It's true. There are 10 different kinds of people: Those which love ribbons and those who understand the binary system.

q.