Author Topic: link association between 2 components and a XML/ XSD  (Read 2609 times)

Bebert

• EA User
    • View Profile
link association between 2 components and a XML/ XSD
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »
Hi,
I would like to show  on my trabability window, the communication interface  format(XML file) between 2 components. How to set this association in EA.
1) When I use XSD reverse engineering, I've got many elements without a head to link. Do I use the Diagram to make my link ? My first issue.
2) Set the relation with this stuff to see on the tracability window.
Thank's

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: link association between 2 components and a XML/ XSD
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:09:10 am »
Hello Bebert,
I am not sure if I understand your problem.

Reverse engineering of xsd leads typically the several classes (as far as I remember/not done for years). And I am quite sure that one of those classes represents somehow the xsd root.

Connecting two components you typically do by adding “Expose Interfaces” (required, provided) interfaces.
These expose interfaces you can classify with an Interface but your “Interface” is a class in the model (reverse engineering).
So you need somehow a UML Interface and bring it in relation to your “interface class”.
You Interface (UML element) would have maybe just a name but no details,  the details are in the reverse engineered classes.
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

Bebert

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: link association between 2 components and a XML/ XSD
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:00:09 am »
Thank's Peter,

I will create a interface as a XSD root which links all my XSD generated classes.
And link this one to my components.
 I'm not sure if it's normalize UML?
But I can have a traceability

:)