Author Topic: Image Assets again and again  (Read 1725 times)

Zvolensky

• EA User
  • Do... or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
Image Assets again and again
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:04:17 pm »
Hello guys
Here i'm again with my problem: Image + SQL Repository + Cloud
If i'm connected to my repository, stored on SQL server, connected through cloud, I have issues with images. Cannot add new image from file in the Image manager. Getting this lovely error:

Now, i do think that this must be some kind of error
Why would i not be able to add new images using Sparx cloud? why would i need to connect directly using ODBC to do so? There are couple of more situations when we are getting this error, for example when using Model Wizard, trying to create BPMN Business Process, same error.
I had a topic on this before here in the forum but no luck so trying once again.
Please tell me, if you have Sparx 13, repository in MS SQL, connecting using Sparx cloud... can you add new image from file in the Image Manager? Or can you use the Model wizard to create BPMN Business process package + diagram without any error? Is there an issue somewhere on our side, in our configuration or is this a bug, or is this by design? Are you getting the same error please?

VKN

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Image Assets again and again
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:02:21 pm »
Before inserting an image into the table t_image, a security check is done to confirm whether the current user on a SQL server repository has permission to execute SET IDENTITY_INSERT statements.
http://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.0/model_repository/sqlserver_security_perms.html

Zvolensky

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:05:47 pm »
Hello
Thank you but i forgot to mention that i'm db_owner of the database on the SQL so i do not think this is an issue with the access rights. And it is working if i'm connected using ODBC, it is just not working using Sparx Cloud.

Zvolensky

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:49:02 pm »
Hello
Please, if anyone has the same setup:
MS SQL repository
Sparx Cloud exposing the repository
Sparx 13

Can you please try to use the Model wizard to create BPMN Business process package + diagram just to see if you will get the same error? So we will know for sure if the error is somewhere in our setup or the issue is with Sparx Cloud.
Maybe it is by design, which would be not good, we would just like to know.

Arquesoft

• EA User
  • EA Consulting and development in Spanish
    • View Profile
    • Arquesoft website
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:43:34 am »
Same issue, same scenary. The error message is clear and I'm afraid it is a "feature". Have you test it in a Oracle repository? I'm thinking in migrating to Oracle because it is a non-sense feature.