Author Topic: Security: Row Level Locking  (Read 1279 times)

Eamonn John Casey

• EA User
    • View Profile
Security: Row Level Locking
« on: August 21, 2017, 06:51:55 pm »
I have a question about security in EA.
I have been reading about the addition of row level locking for EA. But I haven't really seen it. Neither in the released product nor in commitments to a future release. Can anyone shed some light on this???

/ EjC //

Uffe

• EA Practitioner
  • Flutes: 1; Clarinets: 1; Saxes: 5 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Security: Row Level Locking
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »
It's in the Pro Cloud Server. It's listed under the "new features coming soon" section of the sales blurb, but the installation help page says it's in place. I haven't tested it myself though.

/Uffe
My theories are always correct, just apply them to the right reality.

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:53:29 am »
You can also read this:

http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.5/model_repository/visibility_levels.html

It is in a bit of a raw state; I think the author was still doing some tweaks to it. Just ignore the incomplete sentence.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:07:49 am by RoyC »
Best Regards, Roy

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 04:52:41 pm »
You can also read this:

http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.5/model_repository/visibility_levels.html

It is in a bit of a raw state; I think the author was still doing some tweaks to it. Just ignore the incomplete sentence.
Thanks, Roy,

Do I understand correctly that this is a "vertical" visibility level mechanism?  From the documentation, a user at level M can see anything defined at level <M.  There is NO concept of "horizontal" visibility.  Say we have two branches both at Level M; B1 and B2.  We can't restrict Users from (for example) seeing stuff in B1 but not seeing stuff in B2.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Uffe

• EA Practitioner
  • Flutes: 1; Clarinets: 1; Saxes: 5 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 05:13:12 pm »
Do I understand correctly that this is a "vertical" visibility level mechanism?  From the documentation, a user at level M can see anything defined at level <M.  There is NO concept of "horizontal" visibility.  Say we have two branches both at Level M; B1 and B2.  We can't restrict Users from (for example) seeing stuff in B1 but not seeing stuff in B2.

Yes, that's how I read it too. They are cumulative levels, not individual privileges (like the user security model).

Disclaimer: I don't know anything.

It is in a bit of a raw state; I think the author was still doing some tweaks to it.

I'll say. That third paragraph in particular reads like it's lifted straight from an internal pitch memo. :)

/Uffe
My theories are always correct, just apply them to the right reality.