Author Topic: Diagrams in report cropped again!  (Read 1613 times)

michielper

• EA User
    • View Profile
Diagrams in report cropped again!
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:33:58 pm »
Again! For no apparent reason, the diagrams in my reports are printed incompletely: They are cropped so that large parts of the diagrams on the right side and underside are invisible! I am not aware of having changed any relevant settings and this is a very serious impediment to my work!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:23:04 pm by michielper »

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: Diagrams in report cropped!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:29 am »
Suddenly, for no apparent reason, the diagrams in my reports are printed incompletely: They are cropped so that large parts of the diagrams on the right side and underside are invisible! I am not aware of having changed any relevant settings and this is a very serious impediment to my work!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I'm guessing you had scale to 1 page on, and now you've turned it off.  BTW I think you mean "bottom", the underside is easily printed on by turning duplexing on in your printer settings.

michielper

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Diagrams in report cropped! - Resolved
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:46 pm »
Glassboy, thanks for the help. But today my problem has magically disappeared without having changed any settings..... Diagrams are now shown in the reports as before. Completely weird behavior, probably due to Windows...  ;). The issue had nothing to do with the documentation template I used and neither with the particular model since it occurred also when I created a new model and used a standard template. It happened also with small diagrams that easily fit on one page; they were cut off at the right and lower side to a size of less than 10x10 cm.
But everything is back to normal now. So the advice to anyone experiencing the same problem is: do nothing and try again tomorrow....:).

natvig

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:36:07 am »
I have noticed similar behaviour when using EA from within a virtualised windows environment (like Parallels on Mac). Depending on the resolution set on the Windows desktop the images are cropped to a larger or lesser extent. Before generation of final documentation I sometimes need to change resolution.

/Hans

Arquesoft

• EA User
  • EA Consulting and development in Spanish
    • View Profile
    • Arquesoft website
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 02:45:49 am »
I have experimented similar behavior (overlapping of diagrams on text) when creating the report in PDF format. If created in RTF and open with the internal viewer the diagrams are shown right.