Author Topic: Element Text Alignment  (Read 1596 times)

brback

• EA User
    • View Profile
Element Text Alignment
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set text alignment (name of element) for an element?

I am narrowing down some ArchiMate elements which makes the element name appears partially outside the element. I want it placed back inside the element somehow, hopefully without using shapescripts.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Element Text Alignment
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 01:24:38 am »
I'd guess that Archimate makes use of shape scripts. The name can not be moved except by using a shape script.

q.

brback

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:47:45 pm »
Okay, as expected. I've found a workaround by setting the alias blank and adding a text label which i put inside the element. Not ideal, i hope they will implement a feature which solves this in an easier way.

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:30:10 am »
The Archimate shapes are a bit clunky.  They're certainly not the best shapescript Sparx has created.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:05 am »
Okay, as expected. I've found a workaround by setting the alias blank and adding a text label which i put inside the element. Not ideal, i hope they will implement a feature which solves this in an easier way.
We found the same solution,  We ALSO extended it to allow the user to select which of a number of names (held in Tagged Values) the element should display on a specific diagram.

BTW, setting the Alias to "space" is what we did, "setting it blank" might imply «Emptyt» - where this "fudge" doesn't work.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!