Author Topic: Export Requirement Stereotypes; import Requirement  (Read 1458 times)

mehl

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Export Requirement Stereotypes; import Requirement
« on: October 19, 2003, 05:07:34 pm »
Hello --

I am very new to EA and UML in general.

I have a long list of Requirements and want to prepare a file containing Type, Name, Stereotype for import

It looks like I can import Requirements (Views > Custom > Formal Requirements).  Am I correct?

Is it possible to export the Stereotypes from the Insert New Element dialog box?  If not, does the list appear in a file somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl
mehl@cyvest.com

Sean Kearon

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Export Requirement Stereotypes; import Require
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 07:49:28 am »
Hi Larry

You can import/export packages (any package) by right clicking the project view, selecting import/export and then the csv option.  You will need to define the csv fields you have/want in the file, which can be done by clicking the button after 'specification' in the csv dialog.  Note that package contents are overwritten when importing.  

To get at the stereotypes you have in an EA project, open the project file (.eap) in Access (it is an Access database) and open the t_stereotypes table.  (Or similar if you are using the corporate edition of EA and another DB as the storage.)

Cheers

Sean

(assuming you are not using the corporate edition with a different format )

Sean Kearon

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 08:03:05 am »
PS: Ignore the end statement in brackets in my last post....a cut and paste error!

mehl

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 11:17:10 am »
Sean --

Thanks.  Looking at the eap tables helps me understand things a bit more.

I see that the long dropdown list of Stereotypes in Insert New Element (for a Requirement) contains all values from t_stereotypes.

The table contains cdrom and cd-rom (applies to Nodes).

I still need help understanding why the Stereotype I enter for a new Requirement seems to disappear after entry, when I look at Properties for that requirement.

Can you look at my message "Requirement Types and Stereotypes-which is which?", posted 11:14 am (GMT - 8) 21 Oct ?  If you are with Sparx can you route it to someone who can help me?

Larry

Sean Kearon

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 01:56:13 am »
Hi Larry

Have posted a response to your other post.  (BTW, I don't work for Sparx.)

Sean