Author Topic: EA vs Rational Rose  (Read 2457 times)

ZoranPavlovic

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
EA vs Rational Rose
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:15:37 am »
Hello all,

my company is IBM business partner, and .. to be honest, I'm really tired of IBM .. they behave as they are inventors of the world, and that we, customers, must be happy to give them our money for their products, instead of oppossite.
Anyhow, friend of mine pointed me on Enterprise Arhictect, and I'm really amazing with what I can have for 10 times cheaper price.
I have several questions:
1. I used to work with Business use cases, and here in EA, I can not find them. Are there any ? or, I'm supposed to use different objects to model Business process ?
2. beside the price, I saw that EA gives support for C#, VB .NET, what new version of Rational Rose still doesn't have. So, are there another advantages EA gives over Rational Rose, because of, I'm seriously thinking to stop selling Rational Rose, and to start working with EA ?
3. Requirements tracking: IBM has Rational Req. Pro for this purpose. I read (still didn't experience) that EA has Requirements tracking already built in. Is it a true ?
4. Web publishing. Rose offers possibility, to publish diagrams on the web. How's about that in EA ?

with regards,
Zoran

sargasso

• EA Practitioner
  • 10 COMFROM 30; 20 HALT; 30 ONSUB(50,90,10)
    • View Profile
Re: EA vs Rational Rose
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:31:01 am »
Use the search luke, use the search.
bon voyage
bruce
"It is not so expressed, but what of that?
'Twere good you do so much for charity."

Oh I forgot, we aren't doing him are we.

sargasso

• EA Practitioner
  • 10 COMFROM 30; 20 HALT; 30 ONSUB(50,90,10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 03:31:56 am »
... and I mean that with the best possible wishes
"It is not so expressed, but what of that?
'Twere good you do so much for charity."

Oh I forgot, we aren't doing him are we.

ZoranPavlovic

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 03:37:09 am »
tnks,

I found how to publish it on the net.
Yes, search is good, but sometimes not so fast, as advice :)

reg.
Zoran

Bokkie

• EA User
  • Lima Bravo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 09:07:36 pm »
I've used Rose for a couple of years before switching to EA.  EA has more features for far a better price. However on (only) two aspects i find Rose better than EA: 1. Integration with requirement management software (Requisite Pro) and 2. document generation (SoDA). Well, SoDA is not for the faint of heart but you really can do magic with it.
Lima Bravo!

ZoranPavlovic

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:20:15 pm »
@Bokkie: right. But, take a look on the price. Rose + req. Pro + Soda = ~ 10.000 USA $ ... on the other hand, EA costs 200 $ .

It's very hard to convince people to buy Rose, when they see Rose's interface vs EA, and to explain to them what Rose offers 10 times better then EA, because of , Rose is ~ 10 times expensive.

thank you for your oppinion man

Z.

cp

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:39:14 pm »
hi zoran,
you might also want to check out Altova UModel if you want UML modelling more than requirement and documentation stuff, i decided on that finally..i don't mean to come here and promote some other stuff..just happened to see this thread..all the best