Author Topic: InteractionOccurrence missing in project browser  (Read 681 times)

Rob7795

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
InteractionOccurrence missing in project browser
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:13:22 pm »
I've had problems for some time now when moving diagrams within my model and have just found the problem.

If you have a sequence diagram with an InteractionOccurrence on it (a reference to another sequence diagram), move the diagram and its elements by multi-selecting the diagram and it's "owned" elements to another package/node and delete the original package, then the InteractionOccurrence is removed from the diagram.

This is caused by the fact that the InteractionOccurrence does not appear in the project browser for the diagram, and therefore, cannot be selected.  When you move the diagram and elements to a new location, the InteractionOccurrence is left behind, but hidden under the original package.  When you delete the package, you implicitly delete the InteractionOccurrence, which removes it from the diagram.

In many cases, it's easier for me to modify a copy of an existing diagram than to create one from scratch.

So, I copy diagram to clipboard, paste under a package (usually temporary for this exercise), then move the elements to a UseCase (since you can't paste a diagram to anything other than a package).

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

I use this technique to identify UseCase realisations - associating sequence diagrams directly with the UseCase.   I would actually like to paste a copy of the diagram directly under the UseCase, rather than via this temporary package.

Cheers, Rob.