Software Engineers using Enterprise Architect can map use cases into class diagrams, detail the interactions between classes, define the system deployment with deployment diagrams and define software packages with package diagrams.
Map Use Cases into Detailed Classes
With Enterprise Architect the Software Engineer can take Use Cases developed by the Software Architect, and create classes which fulfil the objectives defined in the use cases. A class is one of the standard UML constructs which is used to detail the pattern from which objects will be produced at run time.
Detail Interaction between Classes
Interaction Diagrams (Sequence and Communication Diagrams) allow the Software Engineer to model the dynamic design of the system. Sequence Diagrams are used to detail the messages that are passed between objects and the lifetimes of the objects. Communication Diagrams are similar to Sequence Diagrams, but are used instead to display the way in which objects interact with other objects.
Define System Deployment
Deployment diagrams may be used to provide a static view of the run-time configuration of processing nodes and the components that run on the nodes. Deployment diagrams can be used to show the connections between hardware, software and any middleware that is used on a system, to explain the connections and relationships of the components.
Define Software Packages
Using Package diagrams allows the Software Engineer to detail the software architecture. Package diagrams are used to organize diagrams and elements into manageable groups declaring the dependencies.
Introduction to Software Engineering: code engineering, model integration, recording, profiling and more.
Enterprise Architect Platform: Business and Software Engineering Edition
Introduction to Model Driven Architecture (MDA): Separating the abstract from the concrete.
Download PDF (380Kb)
Additional User Guide Information:
- Webinars: View Recorded Webinars or Register for upcoming sessions
- Demonstration Videos: Get up to speed fast with visual walk-throughs
- Tutorials: Technical overviews of UML and Enterprise Architect
- Case Studies: Read how Enterprise Architect has helped shape the world
- White Papers: An extensive repository of technical articles from Sparx Systems and Partners
- Enterprise Architect User Guide: Recently rebuilt with improved navigation and context search from Enterprise Architect
- Sparx Systems Forum: Post Questions, get tips and tricks from over 170,000 Registered Forum Members