Enterprise Architect provides support for design testing by allowing the user to create test scripts against elements in the modeling environment.
Test cases may be assigned to individual model elements, requirements and constraints. Scenarios can be added to model elements, and element defects may be used to report problems associated with model elements.
For more detailed information on testing, consult the Introduction to Testing in Enterprise Architect.
With Enterprise Architect, Quality Assurance personnel can set a series of tests for each UML element. The test types include Unit Testing, Acceptance testing, System testing and Scenario Testing.
Import requirements, constraints and scenarios
To help ensure that testing maintains integrity with the entire business process Enterprise Architect offers the tester the ability to import requirements, constraints and scenarios defined in earlier iterations of the development life cycle. Requirements indicate contractual obligations that elements must perform within the model. Constraints are conditions which must be met in order to pass the testing process. Constraints may be Pre-conditions (states which must be true before an event is processed), Post Conditions (events which must occur after the event is processed) or invariant constraints (which must remain true through the duration of the event). Scenarios are textual descriptions of an object's action over time and can be used to describe the way a test works.
Create quality test documentation
Enterprise Architect provides the facility to generate high quality test documentation. Enterprise Architect produces test documentation in the industry standard .RTF file format.
Element defects changes
Defects tracking provides the facility to allocate defect reports to any element within the Enterprise Architect model. This allows all who are involved in the project to quickly view the status of defects, to see which defects need to be addressed and which have been dealt with.
The Enterprise Architect User Guide section for testing is a great starting point for users.
Visit Guide Here
Introduces the 5 levels of integrated testing procedures supported by Enterprise Architect.
Test Management in Enterprise Architect documents benefits of modeling environment testing.
Read More Here
Additional User Guide Information:
- Introduction to Testing in Enterprise Architect
- Import Scenario as Test
- Import Test from other elements
- Import Requirement or Constraint as Test
- Show Test Scripts in Compartments
- Test Documentation
- Webinars: View Recorded Webinars or Register for upcoming sessions
- Demonstration Videos: Get up to speed fast with visual walk-throughs
- Tutorials: Technical overviews of UML and Enterprise Architect
- Case Studies: Read how Enterprise Architect has helped shape the world
- White Papers: An extensive repository of technical articles from Sparx Systems and Partners
- Enterprise Architect User Guide: Recently rebuilt with improved navigation and context search from Enterprise Architect
- Sparx Systems Forum: Post Questions, get tips and tricks from over 170,000 Registered Forum Members