Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
Create a MariaDB Repository
Creating a MariaDB database is fully documented in the product information provided with your MariaDB installer.
Having created your MariaDB database, use the SQL script provided by Sparx Systems to create the required table definitions for Enterprise Architect.
You can obtain the scripts from the Sparx Systems website, on the:
- Registered Corporate edition 'Resources' page (Registered users)
- Corporate edition 'Resources' page (Trial users)
Third Party Tools
If you are unfamiliar with MariaDB and DBMS systems in general, you might want to consider a suitable front end tool. HeidiSQL is installed with MariaDB, providing a convenient graphical user interface to enable the creation of databases, the execution of scripts, and backups and restores.
You might, therefore:
- Run HeidiSQL and create a new database
After creating a MariaDB data repository in Enterprise Architect, you must set up the MariaDB ODBC driver.
- This feature is available in the Corporate, Unified and Ultimate editions
- Ensure that the collation is set to the alphabet you use, such as Latin or Cyrillic