Create a MySQL Repository
Creating a MySQL database is fully documented in the product information provided with your MySQL installer.
Having created your MySQL database, use the SQL script provided by Sparx Systems to create the required table definitions for Enterprise Architect.
You can obtain the scripts from the Sparx Systems website, on the:
- Registered Corporate edition 'Resources' page (Registered users)
- Corporate edition 'Resources' page (Trial users)
Third Party Tools
If you are unfamiliar with MySQL and DBMS systems in general, you might want to consider a suitable front end tool. MySQL Administrator is one such tool, providing a convenient graphical user interface to enable the creation of databases, the execution of scripts, and backups and restores.
You might, therefore:
- Run MySQL Administrator and create a new database, then
- Run MySQL Query Browser, and open and execute the MySQL repository script
After creating a MySQL data repository in Enterprise Architect, you must set up the MySQL ODBC driver.
- This feature is available in the Corporate, Unified and Ultimate editions
- Ensure that the collation is set to the alphabet you use, such as Latin or Cyrillic