Create an Oracle Data Repository
Creating an Oracle database is fully documented in the product information provided with your Oracle installer.
Before creating an Oracle data repository, install the appropriate version of Oracle (9i, 10g, 11g or 12c) and MDAC 2.6 or higher, and obtain access permission to create a new database.
Having created your Oracle database, use the SQL script (Oracle_EASchema.sql) provided by Sparx Systems to create the required table definitions and indexes for Enterprise Architect. You can obtain the script from the Sparx Systems website, on the:
- Registered Corporate edition 'Resources' page (Registered users), or
- Corporate edition 'Resources' page (Trial users)
When you eventually connect to the Oracle database from Enterprise Architect, Sparx Systems recommends using Oracle Provider for OLE DB. Connecting with either Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC or Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle could cause unexpected behavior or performance issues due to known limitations of those drivers.
Third Party Tools
If you are unfamiliar with Oracle and DBMS systems in general, you might want to consider a suitable front end tool. You could connect to the database and execute the scripts with a program such as Oracle SQL*Plus or SQL Plus Worksheet.
- This feature is available in the Corporate, Unified and Ultimate editions
- The OLE DB client must be the 32-bit version
- Set the collation to the alphabet you use, such as Latin or Cyrillic