The 'Model' panel provides facilities to configure options for the current model, to check and repair the integrity of the model database, to transfer project data from one database to another and to configure auditing settings for recording changes to the model database.
Displays the 'Manage Project Options' dialog, through which you configure options for the current model, including required and banned MDG Technologies, code generation and general options.
Source Code Engineering Options
Specify Required MDG Technologies
Open the Audit View to configure and view audit management information for the current model.
The Audit View
Occurrences such as network crashes or failed XMI imports can sometimes compromise the integrity of information in the model database. Clicking on the 'Integrity Check' drop-down arrow displays a list of commands for addressing these kinds of issue and for general database maintenance.
- Project Integrity - displays the 'Project Integrity Check' dialog; used for examining database records to check for 'orphaned' records or inaccurate or unset identifiers
- Reset IDs - displays the 'Reset Auto Increment Columns' dialog; used to re-sequence Auto ID numbers, eliminating gaps that occur from repeated import/export of Packages, thereby avoiding the maximum value allowed by the database
- Project Compare - displays the 'Project Compare' dialog, with which you can compare one model database against another, at a table record level
- Run Patch - displays the 'Run Patch' dialog, which provides a means to run patches that could be provided by Sparx Systems, to update the database structure of the current model
- Manage .EAPX/.EAP File - clicking on this item displays a pop-up menu with these options:
- Repair .EAPX/.EAP File - use this option to repair a .EAPX or .EAP file that
has become damaged due to system or network outages
- Compact .EAPX/.EAP File - removes deleted records from the database
- Update .EAPX/.EAP File Indexes - updates the selected .EAPX or .EAP file to the
latest set of indexes (schema 1220)
- Make Design Master - prepare a .EAPX/.EAP file for the creation of
- Create New Replica - create database replicas from the Design
- Synchronize Replicas - merge the changes made to each replica
with the Design Master
- Remove Replication - remove from the database the additional
information that is required for managing database replication
- Resolve Replication Conflicts - where two users have made conflicting
changes to the model database, manually decide which change will
override the other
- Manage Firebird
- Update Index Statistics - optimize indexes on Firebird databases
Manage .EAP File Submenu
Check Project Data Integrity
Reset Table Auto Increment or Identity Columns
Clicking on the drop-down arrow displays a short menu of facilities for copying or sharing project data between one project and another.
- Project Transfer - display the 'Project Transfer' dialog; use this dialog to copy the tables and records of one project database to another
- Shared Repository - set up a shared repository for basic reference data to be shared between multiple implementation models
- Export Reference Data - display the 'Export Reference Data' dialog; used to select specific types of Reference Data, for export to an XML file
- Import Reference Data - display the 'Import Reference Data' dialog; used to import Reference Data from an XML file into the current model
Import Reference Data
Export Reference Data
Link Reference Data to a Shared Repository
Project Data Transfer