From release 14.0 onwards, Enterprise Architect requires that you 'activate' the software version you have installed by entering a simple four-letter code to confirm your right to use that specific version of Enterprise Architect. When you first run Enterprise Architect a Version Activation window will automatically display, prompting you to activate the software version you have installed.
- 'Software Version' means an instance of the Enterprise Architect software, either identified by a distinct number (such as 14.1 or 15.0) or by its build date (such as March 2020)
- 'Software Version' is independent of and unrelated to the Edition of Enterprise Architect (such as Corporate or Ultimate)
- Version Activation does not involve or require a connection to the Internet
- Registered users with an active support and maintenance agreement can obtain a new activation code by logging in to the 'Registered Users' page of the Sparx Systems web site
- The Version Activation Code is prominently displayed on the 'Registered Users' page
- The Version Activation Code is also delivered with your New License or Renewal Details email
- You can also obtain a Version Activation Code by clicking the 'Get a Code' link on the Version Activation window and logging in using your registered user ID and password
- Your Version Activation Code will activate all versions of the software built and released prior to and during the period of your support and maintenance agreement (either from a Renewal or a New License)
- New versions of the software released after the expiry of your support and maintenance agreement will require a new Activation Code; when you renew your support and maintenance agreement you will be entitled to download newer versions of Enterprise Architect and will be given a new Version Activation Code
How To Activate:
- Enter your Activation Code in the appropriate field*
- Tick the checkbox to acknowledge acceptance of terms of the licence agreement
- Click on the **
* Please note that the code is not case sensitive.
** An internet connection is NOT required or used for activation