This page helps the Database Administrator to link the current model to a common model for communicating information amongst project members who are working in different projects. In the 'Model Connection' field, you enter the connection string for the model that is providing the central Collaboration facilities (Model Mail, Calendar, Chat and Diary) for users of the current model.
Settings > Model > Options > Collaboration
The Model Connection Field
Click on the button to display options to connect to the Cloud or remove the current value from the field.
- If you click on 'Define Connection' the 'Cloud Connection' dialog displays with the fields defaulted to the first Cloud-connected model in the 'Pinned' or 'Recent' list; if necessary, select or overtype with the appropriate replacement values, and click on the
The current model will then link to the Collaboration facilities of the connected model
to display the model name in the 'Model Connection' field
- If you click on 'Remove', any connection string is removed from the 'Model Connection' field; once the current model is reloaded, the model users will then revert to the Collaboration facilities of that model - all the original Collaboration content is available
- You must have 'Administer Database' access permissions to set the central model
- The end users must have the same user credentials in both the 'work' model and the 'Collaboration' model (and therefore User Security has to be enabled in both models)
- You can set up the user credentials the same way in each model, but if you are using a MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle repository it is far more convenient for you as Database Administrator to set up a shared repository for both models so that they refer to the same secusers table (the secusers table is one of those listed for selection when setting up a shared repository)