Book a Demo

Author Topic: Missing Caption Prefixes for Master Documents  (Read 15345 times)

Polymorph

  • EA User
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Karma: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Missing Caption Prefixes for Master Documents
« on: July 07, 2026, 02:04:31 am »
Has anyone experienced this behaviour:
A model document uses a template that places a caption below the diagram.

When I export *only* this model document, I get an output like this (some parts redacted)

But... when I export the entire model document (so, multiple individual model documents, using the same template), I get this output...

Note how the Figure 1 prefix has vanished?

Sparx Systems Malaysia

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Sparx Systems Malaysia
Re: Missing Caption Prefixes for Master Documents
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2026, 07:56:03 pm »
Hi,

We've tested this in Enterprise Architect 17.2 using several combinations of diagram fields, generating both individual Model Documents and the combined Report Package, but couldn’t reproduce the missing figure caption.

Could you confirm which EA version and build you’re using, and check whether the issue still occurs with the latest available build?

If it persists, could you share a minimal template that reproduces it and the output format you’re generating (DOCX, RTF or PDF)? That would help us compare the setups more closely.

If your team is looking to improve how your organisation uses Enterprise Architect, you can get in touch with us to learn more.