Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
Z Order Elements
Z Order refers to the sequence in which elements are layered through the depth of the diagram; each element on the diagram has a specific Z-order number that - when elements overlap - determines which elements the selected element displays in front of, and which behind. You can move an element:
- One place further back, deeper into the diagram
- One place further forward, towards the front of the diagram
- To the bottom of the diagram (deeper in than all other elements in the diagram)
- To the top of the diagram (further forward than all other elements in the diagram)
You have options to change the Z order of a single element approximately in relation to the rest of the diagram; you can also select the 'Configure Z Order' option from the diagram context menu, to review and adjust the Z Order of each element on the diagram precisely relative to every other element
Layout > Alignment > choose either 'Bring to Front' icon (top of the Z order) or 'Send to Back' icon (bottom of the Z order)
Design > Diagram > Edit > Configure Z Order
Right-click on element in a diagram | Z-Order : Select the appropriate option to reposition the selected element.
- On a diagram, you can move the focus from element to element according to Z Order, by pressing ; each time you press these keys, the element with the next-lowest Z Order number is selected