Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
The Project Manager can allocate the possible weighting of defined metrics to work on a given model element.
To select the element to which to allocate a metric weighting, click on the required element in the Project Browser.
Start > Explore > Properties > Construct : | Resources | Metrics
Construct > Change Management > Metrics : - clears Construct window ready to add metric
Enter metric details for an element
Type the name or a brief description of the metric.
Type in the metric type or click on the drop-down arrow and select the type.
The selection list is drawn from the global Metric Type list, but any new metrics you type in this field are not added to the list. If there are no global metric types defined, the drop-down arrow is not displayed.
Defaults to the weighting for the defined type. You can change this weighting if necessary.
Type in any additional notes or description of this metric.
You can use the Notes Toolbar at the top of the field to format the text, if you prefer.
Click on this icon to save the data you have entered and to add the entry to the Metrics list in the Element Browser and Metrics window.
- If you select a global metric type from the 'Type' drop-down list and the associated 'Weight' field is empty, the default Weight value is allocated to the 'Weight' field in the Construct window
- To edit existing Metric items for this element, display the record in the (already open) Construct window by either:
- Clicking on the 'Construct > Change Management > Metric' ribbon option and on the required item in the Metric window, or
- Double-clicking on the item in the Project Management > Metrics folder in the Element Browser window
- To delete existing Metric items for an element, click on the item in the Construct window or Risk window and click on in the window toolbar
- Although Enterprise Architect does not currently provide detailed reports on metrics within a model, you can use the Automation Interface or similar tools to create your own custom reports based on metric information you enter