Third Party Extensions
Many of our partners have developed extension technologies for Enterprise Architect, created with Enterprise Architect's powerful customization frameworks. These Third Party Extensions provide specialist tools to the wider Enterprise Architect Community.
- All 3rd Party
- Analysis &
- Industry Frameworks
|archiSpark neat||neat (neat enterprise architecture tool) allows for the modeling of enterprise architectures in data grids, while maintaining full control of the ArchiMate™ 2.1 metamodel.|
|EA Bootstrap||Share references to specific enterprise diagrams, or to complete views, with simple html hyperlinks.|
|eaForms||eaForms" is a simple to use, configurable, element properties editor that can help both the new EA user get started and the EA expert become more productive.|
|EA Navigator||EA Navigator is a free, open-source add-in that facilitates quick navigation between different elements in a model.|
|EA SafeDelete||EA SafeDelete is an extension to Enterprise Architect that can improve model governance by helping customers understand the consequence of deleting a model element.|
|eaUtils||eaUtils is a free utilities addin for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modelling tool. It provides a number of features to help go further with Sparx EA.|
|LemonTree||LemonTree is the ultimate solution for the diffing and merging of different model versions.|
|Model Guardian||Model Guardian, the Framework & Model Management System, makes the process of framework development and model synchronization as easy as possible.|
|Model Expert 2020||Model Expert 2020 from eaDocX® is the model management extension for Enterprise Architect, giving every modeller an easy way to ensure quality and consistency in their models.|
|Soltegro EA Addin||Soltegro EA Addin is a set of usefull tools to enrich the user experience of Enterprise Architect, consisting a Rich notes editor and a Property inspector.|
ArchiSpark neat connects to Enterprise Architect, providing an easy method of managing large amounts of business data. Neat (neat enterprise architecture tool) allows for the modeling of enterprise architectures in data grids, while maintaining full control of the ArchiMate™ 2.1 metamodel.
Main features of archiSpark neat add-in are:
- Full cooperation with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
- Full implementation of the ArchiMate™2.1 metamodel
- Business data controlled by your metamodel
- Business data orientation with the use of viewpoints
- Simple way of defining your own viewpoints
- Business data trimmed to fit your needs
- High performance UI Controls
- Tracing the connections of the model objects through the metamodel
For more information, please visit: http://neat.archispark.com/
As an enterprise solution integrator, InfiniSolution is proud to share an Architect Bootstrap external plugin.
With Enterprise Architect Bootstrap, you now have the possibility to share references to specific enterprise diagrams or to complete views with simple html hyperlinks. The concept is simple but the benefit is huge. This feature lets you easily share your Enterprise Architect documentation and diagrams on different support, such as websites, emails and chat with minimal efforts.
Your html documentation can also be enhanced with a GUID identifier reference allowing you to navigate between the documentation and the Enterprise Architect program. For more information, please visit our website for videos and an online sample.
The plugin is usable with no installation and no administrator right on the client computer. Everything takes place into a Java Web Start component which starts Enterprise Architect, opens the targeted diagrams and explodes the project navigator at the right place.
Functionality and Benefits
- Allows you to create hyperlinks referring your business diagrams;
- Build sharable hyperlinks from current user views;
- Refer and auto navigate in the project explorer to a resource by its identifier (GUID);
- Enhance existing generated html documentation with a simple JS file;
- No installation required.
eaForms" is a simple to use, configurable, element properties editor that can help both the new EA user get started and the EA expert become more productive.
By ensuring that the information in the edit form is relevant to the task and user, eaForms can reduce barriers when introducing EA and help ensure the integrity and quality of your models.
Whilst for the EA expert consolidating information onto a single form, coupled with pre-defined selection options, can greatly speed the process of creating or editing elements.
Using eaForms you can:
- configure editor content per element type - to meet project and users' needs
- consolidate information onto a single form - to provide greater visibility of relevant information
- define the layout - to helps user workflow
- limit choices to pre-defined values - to help drive consistency and speed editing
- mandate item entries - to ensure completeness
- provide context sensitive help - to give guidance where needed
- manage look and feel - to give users a better visual experience
When deleting items (Views, Packages, Elements or Diagrams) from a repository, Enterprise Architect warns the user that the delete action is irreversible, however, Enterprise Architect’s delete functionality can pose some challenges for the unaware:
The wording of the warnings: If a user deletes an item from a diagram (Ctrl + Del), then the warning indicates that the process cannot be undone. However if does not warn that any children will also be deleted. If a user deletes an item from the Project Browser (Ctrl + Del or Right-click Delete), then the warning indicates that the process will delete all children, but does not warn that the process cannot be undone. Enterprise Architect provides no indication as to the effect that deleting an item from the repository may have on other items in the repository. For example, which diagrams refer to this item, and what relationships exist between this item and other items. As the delete process cannot be undone, mistakes cannot be rectified easily.
Functionality and Benefits
EA SafeDelete is an extension to Enterprise Architect that can improve model governance by helping customers understand the consequence of deleting a model element by:
Providing totals of:
- The number of diagrams which refer to the element being deleted
- The number of composite elements that link to a diagram being deleted
- The number of Interaction Occurrences that link to the diagram being deleted
- The number of elements related to the element being deleted
- The number of elements where the element is being used as a classifier
- The number of occurrences where this element is used as a type
- The number of children (including any diagrams) that the element has
- Providing the functionality to empty the re-cycle bin (that is remove all items currently in the re-cycle bin from the model repository
- Providing the functionality to restore an item (and its children) from the re-cycle bin
- Providing the functionality to restore all items (and their children) from the re-cycle bin
- Providing the option to enable / disable EA SafeDelete’s functionality
When an Enterprise Architect user selects to delete a Package, Element or Diagram from the repository, EA SafeDelete “intercepts” the action, analyses the consequences of the delete and provides a Consequences Summary Screen (image attached). The user can then select to investigate further, by clicking any of the enabled Show Details buttons which will provide details of the selected consequence.
The user can then use the dialog to locate any of the items in the lists, by selecting the item and then selecting Find in Project Browser. EA SafeDelete provides the Enterprise Architect user with all the consequence information so that they can make an informed decision as to whether the item should be deleted from the repository or moved to a re-cycle bin. If the user selects to move an item to the re-cycle bin, EA SafeDelete will do exactly that and the item will not be removed from the repository.
EA Navigator is a free, open-source (BSD License) add-in for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect that enhances the experience of any Enterprise Architect user.
EA Navigator facilitates quick navigation between different elements in a model, especially between those elements that are not immediately apparent using standard EA features.
Using Enterprise Architect's dockable add-in window, EA Navigator retains a history of the 50 last selected model elements, and shows the important related elements at a glance.
Use the add-in to navigate between:
- Operations and Sequence diagrams
- Operations and their implementation (Behavior)
- Operations and CallOperationActions
- Types and Parameters
- Types and Attributes
- And to any Fully Qualified Name (FQN) that has been copied to the clipboard.
eaUtils is a free utilities addin for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modelling tool. It provides a number of features to help go further with Sparx Enterprise Architect.
In its initial version 1.0, eaUtils has focused on a range of element's sorting features, updating the default sorting order from the Project Browser. eaUtils also provides a diagram breadcrumb trail generation to simplify navigation between linking diagrams. eaUtils is maintained by Guillaume FINANCE, who runs www.umlchannel.com blog, dedicated to modelling and Sparx Enterprise Architect, and member of the European EA User Groups.
Contact DetailsURL: www.eautils.com
For more information please visit:
LemonTree is the ultimate solution for the diffing and merging of different model versions. Based on scientific work and several years of practical experience with pilot customers, LieberLieber has now officially released this fresh, new approach to solving all-too-familiar challenges associated with the parallel editing of models in teams.
Stefan Mueller, HIMA Paul Hildebrandt, Safety-Related Automation Solutions: “In general, standards such as IEC 61508 demand the application of configuration management. This applies to all artifacts, including UML models. LemonTree from LieberLieber is our key to revealing the changes that have been made to a revision.”
- 3-way diffing and merging of Enterprise Architect models
- Parallel editing of models through optimistic model versioning
- Seamless integration with Subversion, Git, PTC etc.
- Branches of models (longer-term, parallel development of versions and variants)
- Diagram merge and merge preview
- Changes are visualized clearly and understandably for review
Take a free 30 day trial under : http://lemontree.lieberlieber.com.
Take Control of Enterprise Architect
Model Guardian, the Framework & Model Management System, makes the process of framework development and model synchronization as easy as possible.
Model Guardian provides a user interface that intuitively guides you through the process of framework development, including toolboxes, quicklinks and a lot more. It even manages framework versions, including automatic archival and retrieval processing.
Models are synchronized with the latest version of the framework, keeping them from becoming obsolete. Models created without Model Guardian can be synchronized with and brought under framework management. Broad, sweeping changes to models can be made, like changing a stereotype of all elements having that stereotype.
Yours or Ours
With Model Guardian, you can build your own frameworks or start with one of ours, e.g., the (EA) Enterprise Architecture Modeling Framework, and modify it to fit your environment.
For more information, go to: www.ModelGuardian.com.
Model Expert 2020
Model Expert 2020 from eaDocX® is the model quality toolkit for Enterprise Architect, giving every modeller an easy way to ensure quality and consistency in their models.
See your model contents in a whole new way - with the one page Package Dashboard
- Deep Dive straight to elements, connectors and diagrams which look unusual
- Find and Fix problems. Duplicate elements? Wrong connector types? Empty diagrams? Poorly populated attributes or TVs? Model Expert gives you the tools to spot where your model contents are inconsistent or incomplete, and then helps you resolve them
- Define best practice modelling standards and review models against them. It's easy to bring existing models up to standard
- Right first time modelling. Create consistent models and diagrams with auto-created MDGs, dynamically generated help, and real-time guidance to modellers, all based on your best practice
- Package level control - define appropriate standards for different parts of your model
- Enforce or inform. You choose when, where and how to apply your modelling standards
Model Expert 2020 | Vision | Insight | Quality
Add a Model Expert to your team
Take a free 30 day trial at: www.eadocx.com/modelexpert
Soltegro EA Addin
Overview of Plug-In
Soltegro EA Addin is a set of usefull tools to enrich the user experience of Enterprise Architect. Currently the addin consist of the Rich notes editor and a Property inspector.
Functionality and Benefits
With the Rich notes editor you can edit element notes with a rich text editor which supports syntax highlighting and text folding. The property inspector inspects all properties of the currently selected item in Enterprise Architect.